Today you’ll find out how to make beaded necklace known as “Mylene Farmer”. It’s very nice and elegant.
It may seem very hard to make, but it’s no so. Of course you need some patience and time to understand the scheme and technique. I’ll give you schemes sequentially. So, let’s start!!
For this beaded necklace you’ll need beads of different sizes (besides you may use cut beads, seed beads or glass beads), of course thread (like this one NYMO Nylon Beading Thread Size D for Delica Beads Brown 64 Yards (58 Meters)) and needle.
1. The first step is making a beaded chain, called figure-eight. At first you string 9 beads and close the circle, as you see on the picture.
2. After that take 6 beads, string them and put the needle into the 7th bead of the previous circle. Than take another 5 beads, string them and put the needle into the 3rd bead of the previous circle. Than continue this item till you get beaded chain of necessary length.
3. You should do such eight of this chain, like this one on the picture:
4. Now you need to make such interesting beaded flowers:
Of course, everything depends on the bead‘s size. If you have bead of large size, you can make smaller flowers (for instance, in 3 beads). In case of small beads, you may need to make flowers in 7 or even 9 beads in circle.
If you do not like this flowers, you may leave them. 🙂
5. Now you should join flowers and figure-eight chain, following the picture.
6. To complete the beaded necklace see the next picture.
You may do the beaded pendants and you may not, as you like. Or you may do another one :))
That’s all!! Good luck!
I’d like to share interesting book A Complete Guide To Kumihimo On A Braiding Loom: Round, Flat, Square, Hollow, And Beaded Braids And Necklaces
See you next post!!